14 Dec 2013

The best way to catch sea barramundis as many as you can possible on the shallow water?
by Hiro Nakamura

Conditions: Regardless of the barramundi's size

The average sizes of the sea barramundis that I caught on our shallows are 45cm - 50cm.
I think that these sizes are bigger than the average sizes of Black Bass fishing.
It's a very good size enough to enjoy the game fishing.
I sometimes catch 70cm and larger sea barramundis on our urban shallows.
I love and respect Black Bass fishing very much.
I learned a lot of things there.
Therefore, I've been obsessed with fishing Barramundi ever since I caught a wild one the first time I tried it.

Hard body lures or Soft plastic bait lure?

I think that the soft plastic bait lures can fish much more sea barramundis than the hard body lures on our shallows.

If you know the sea barramundi's favorite action of the soft plastic bait lures on the shallow water, you will catch many sea barramundis on our urban shallows.




A sea barramundi often takes a soft plastic bait lure at an above situation.
They love it very, very much.




That's why you should retrieve your soft plastic bait lure with 'Stop and Go' with courage.
Please use this theory at your own risk.  (*^^*)

In addition, you can catch the most number of the sea barramundis regardless of the size with a thin fishing rod and 65mm - 80mm sized soft plastic bait lures.

The method to catch a fish with a thin fishing rod and a small lure are suggested as a 'Noodling' by  Mr. Glenn Hubble popularly known as Harbour Master and Mr. Dave Krantz before.

To tell the truth, 'Noodling' is the best way to catch the sea barrramundis as many as you can possible regardless of the size on our shallows.
"Noodling' itself can make an ideal action of the soft plastic bait lure in the water without your skill.
That means that a 'Noodling' itself can make a natural 'Stop and Go' in action.

I used to use a 'Noodling' for catching a sea barramundi as a main gear on our shallows.

  • Reel: SHIMANO SUSTAIN 1000FG
  • Rod: ST.CROIX AVID / AVS66LF2 (6'6" Light power, Fast action, 4-8LB, 1/16-1/4OZ) 
         Very high-performance thin rod (Much thiner than the other rods)
  • Lure: SQUIDGY FISH

As a result, I could catch more than 370 sea barramundis (656 fishes including the other fishes in total) a year.

However, I don't use it now.
I'm 53 years old now.
I don't need many fishes any more.
To use a 'Noodling' is the best way to let a sea barramundi take a small soft plastic bait lure.
But it's not the best way to land a sea barramundi for beginners.
I mean that I need a skill for landing a nice sized sea barramundi with 'Noodling'.
If you were a very experienced and skilled angler, 'Noodling' should be the best way for catching a barramundi.


It's very, very important things to catch a sea barramundi on the shallow water as follows,
  • A 'Hard body lure' will give you more fun and  impressions when you catch a sea barramundi on the shallow water.
  •  A 'Hard body lure' will be taken by more metery barramundis?? Or Mongrel??






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.