4 Jan 2016

2016 this year's first barramundi #996
Sebile Swingtail Minnow

January 1, 2016
The sea was rough.
The sea water was milky in colour because of the mixing of saline water and fresh water.
Anyhow I had to find a calm water to fish.
I went to Channel Island.
Needless to say, it was very windy there.
I waded through the knee deep water on the leeward of the rocks.
The tide wasn't the best for that fishing location.
The level of the sea water didn't reduce very much.
The productive fishing window wasn't short but there were no fish strikings for a long hour.

My Shimano Stella 2500FE has been in a repair shop.
I used Shimano Sustain 1000FG fishing reel with 10lb braid line and 20lb leader line.
The fishing rod was very thin too.

I had a small fish striking just before the water current was stopping.
I usually reduce the drag force to the limit when barramundi wouldn't take lures positively.
Barramundi pulled the line for five seconds.
I added the drag force.
The thin fishing rod bended to the limit.
I took time to land that fish.

Sebile Swingtail is very effective for the shallow water on the mud flat.
Green is nicer than other in colour at this fishing location.

As a result, I caught a small but fat barramundi.




This was my 996th barramundi caught on lures by land based.




January 1, 2016
Land based in Darwin




Sebile Swingtail Minnow

Colour: Cracked Fire Tigher

Size: 70mm

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm

Water: Murky Outgoing

Line: Fireline 10LB Braid

Leader: Jinkai 20LB

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel: Shimano Sustain 1000FG

Rod: ST.CROIX  AVID/AVS66LF2 4-8LB 1/16-1/4oz. Fast action

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #2

Action:Steady retrieving






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.