11 Feb 2016

No rain for 3 days during the big tides in the wet season
My mangrovejack #46-47
Squidgies Fish

February 10, 2016
Today's tides were big.
01:28am--2.01m
07:04am--7.13m
13:35pm--0.78m
19:58pm--7.92m

You have heard enough of that the big tides means that the productive fishing windows were short at each fishing spot.
But you still can catch many fish in the short productive fishing windows if conditions are good.

I don't like to fish around the 0.78m low tide on shallows because the sea water easily mixes with many fine sands.
I like to fish around the high tide today.
The high tide carries many fish into our saltwater culverts, saltwater lakes and small creeks in the city if conditions are good..
It hasn't rained for three days.
This situation is very good during the big tides in the wet season.
A water level in a saltwater culvert and saltwater lake is lowers when it hasn't rained for three days to compare with when it has rained.

The sea water cannot come into the saltwater culvert and saltwater lake in some places when the high tide failures to reach a minimum required water level.
The sea water rushed in the saltwater culvert and saltwater lake in my usual fishing locations at the high tide.today.

I caught and released small mangrovejack tonight and last night there.




February 9, 2016 My mangrovejack #46 on Squidgies Fish
Land based in Darwin




February 10, 2016 My mangrovejack #47 on Squidgies Fish
Land based in Darwin

Starting this year, I caught and released four mangrovejack.
On the other hand, I hooked a small barramundi but I lost that fish when I tried to take a picture tonight.
I forgot to bring a 20lb leader line and so I used a 40lb leader line for my very light fishing gears tonight.




Squidgies Fish

Colour: Black gold

Size: 80mm

Where: Shallow water 30cm

Water: Murky Outgoing

Line: Fireline 10LB Braid

Leader: TRIUMPH SUPER SHOCK LEADER 40LB Fluorocarbon

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel: Shimano Sustain 1000FG

Rod: ST.CROIX  AVID/AVS66LF2 4-8LB 1/16-1/4oz. Fast action

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #2

Action: Retrieve and pause






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.