4 Feb 2016

The next best target-fish is a mangrovejack in my usual fishing locations.

I haven't had a chance to fish my 1000th barramundi since January 30 because of the monsoon. I checked emails while listening to the sound of the rain at home.
Unexpectedly many people haven't caught a mangrovejack on lure in Darwin yet.
I caught and released two mangrovejack during the first one month of this year.




January 10, 2016
Zerek Live Cherabin




January 12, 2016
Squidgies Fish


I caught the first mangrovejack at the saltwater culvert and the second one from the bank near the saltwater culvert.
Both of them were caught among submerged snags.
Mangrovejack normally inhabit coastal waters and rivers.
They like the waters among mangroves as the name shows.
I have fished them at the rocks of Mindil Beach and East Point, Stokes Hill wharf and these saltwater culverts.
The best way to fish a mangrovejack is to go fishing to the saltwater culverts or small creeks with mangroves.

How often did I catch a mangrovejack?
I have caught 999 barramundi, 335 rockcod, 57 flathead and 45 mangrovejack since March 30 in 2010.
Of course, my main target-fish is a barramundi.
The next best target-fish is a mangrovejack to me.
I have never tried to fish a mangrovejack as a main target-fish.
Mangrovejack is a very strong fighter and very good eating fish.
Therefore, I was very glad without exception when I caught a mangrovejack.
I have caught them on hardbody-lures and soft plastic baits.
Either will do.
If I were to venture an opinion, I would say that soft plastic baits were more effective for catching a mangrovejack by land based.
I usually use a slow and pause retrieve for soft plastics.
You can add small twitches.






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.