29 Jan 2017

Difficult to hook barramundi firmly on a fishhook when the salt concentration is low in the sea water.

This rainy season is going good so far.
Today was clear for the first time in a long time.
I went to Channel Island to fish.
One glance was enough for me to see through the condition of the fresh water entering sea water from the land so much.
Thousands of fallen leaves were floating on the sea surface on the very shallow-water side.
Under these circumstances, barramundi won't take lures.
I waded about 20m way in toward the deep water while being careful not to accidentally step on a stingray.
I found many small prawns there.
This sign bodes well for our barramundi fishing.
The continuous large rainfalls benefit upon in my usual fishing locations.

Luckily, I hooked a nice sized barramundi on a Gold-Bomber 15Long A but couldn't land that fish.
I sometimes think that it's difficult to hook barramundi firmly on a fishhook when the salt concentration is low in the sea water.
In addition, I get many short strikes on my soft plastic baits when the salt concentration is low in the sea water.
These cases may be related to the osmotic pressure of the body fluid of a barramundi.
That couldn't be true, though.

Barramundi won't take in more fresh water into the body than it needs.
On the contrary, barramundi takes in large quantities of salt water into the body by mouth.
That's just how they keep the osmotic pressure of the body fluid stable.
That's reason why some sea-barramundi inhabiting in the deeper-water side with a high salt concentration that follow schools of small fishes or prawns into the shallow water with a low salt concentration will get bewildered in unfamiliar environments in the rainy season.

I went to East Point that afternoon.
My very good fishing friend, Mr. Roderic Pineda was catching bait fish by netting.
He showed me many prawns, mullets and whitings.




Prawn




Mullet




Whitings

Again, this rainy season is going good so far.


Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.