1 Mar 2017

62cm and 69cm barramundi #1052-1053
Squidgy Pro Mongrel
Rapala Xrap

I went fishing to Channel Island last Saturday.
The weather smiled on me.
The tide was going out.
The sea surface was calm, therefore, barramundi would be very cautious.
I waded in water below knee deep on a mud-flat.
I cast a Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm Aussie Herring and retrieved it without any actions.
A 62cm barramundi took it.
I used a very long spinning rod so that barramundi couldn't easily escape from the fish-hook.






62cm barramundi / February 25, 2017




Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm Aussie Herring / Jighead 1/4oz #1/0

The tide became lower continuously.
I cast a Rapala X-rap 10 Green around the rock-gutters.
This lure flied gracefully!
The rapid twitching movements of this hard body lure brought me a 69cm barramundi having a very wide body.






69cm barramundi / February 25, 2017




Rapala X-rap 10

I used a long-light spinning rod and a small spinning reel this time.
The line system was formed by 15lb braid line and 40lb fluorocarbon leader line.
It can easily land these nice sized barramundi.
Barramundi is not too strong in a very shallow water.
In addition, I frequently switch lures.
Saving time for switching lures on the water is very important for my land based barramundi fishing because the productive fishing windows are usually very short.
That's why I always use a stainless hook clip for connecting to lures in a very shallow water.
I think that a nice sized barramundi is very, very strong when she is about to dive into water quickly.
So I won't use a hook clip by boat fishing.


The Lowdown

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm

Water: Clear Outgoing

Line: Sufix 15LB braid

Leader line: Sunline FC Rock Fluorocarbon 40LB

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel: Shimano Stella 2500FE

Rod: Shimano Terez C4S 7'2" 10-20lb line weight Medium-power Fast-action

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #3



Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.