13 Apr 2017

59cm Barramundi #1054
Squidgy Pro Mongrel

I spent my holiday in Japan.
Now, I'm in Darwin.
I had fun fishing for the first time in a month in Darwin.
I went fishing to Channel Island on Sunday morning.
Dead leaves strewed the sea surface.
That meant that much land water ran into the shallow water in the sea.
That was a minus factor for my land based barramundi fishing.
Sea barramundi doesn't like a new born land water.
I waded to look for a good sea water.
I saw a crocodile swimming nearby a month ago.
The long casting distance was demanded for the lure under the circumstance.
The wind was against me.

  1. Lucky Craft Sammy 115mm (Top water)
  2. Rapala Xrap 100mm (Suspending)
  3. Bomber Long 15A (Floating)
  4. Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm (Sinking)

Four lures were to cast in the rotation.
As a result, I caught a 59cm barramundi on Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm.

I used a new high speed bait cast reel (8.2:1) by improving the handle grips this time.
Of course you can wind Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm slowly as long as you do not mind the resistance to water current.






59cm barramundi / April 9, 2017




Squidgy Pro Mongrel

Size: 90mm

Colour: Aussie Herring

Where: Shallow water 50cm - 70cm

Water: Murky Outgoing

Line: Fins 30LB

Leader line: Sunline FC Rock Fluorocarbon 40LB

Knot: The Slim Beauty

Reel: Shimano Scorpion 70XG

Rod: ST. CROIX Triumph TRC60MF 6'
MEDIUM POWER FAST ACTION 10-17LB 1/4-3/4oz.

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Action: Steady retrieving


Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ





Thank you very much.