20 Jul 2017

Barramundi #1074
Squidgies Fish 80mm Black / Gold

Thanks to Facebook I can see many pictures many friends took of barramundi in cold water in our dry season.
We still can catch many barramundi even in our dry season.
I believe that it is so common as to be normal now.
We can fish not only barramundi, but also bream, trevally, queenfish, tuna, Spanish-mackerel, jewfish and sailfish in our dry season.
The sea water of our dry season is normally very clear on shore.
Barramundi become very cautious in very clear water.
On the other hand, a very clear water has good aspects.
I can watch my step very well.
I can see near my feet.
It is not required that I fall down and get injured.
In addition, it is nice weather this time of year here.

I sold my 150cc scooter recently.
I have one more scooter.
My 50cc scooter is 11years old now.
The total distance driven is around 70,000km so far.
My scooter is still in great form because Mr. Callum Gamble of Arafura Moto fixed every time.




With a 50cc scooter, it takes 2hours from my place to Channel Island, therefore, I often go fishing to Mindil beach closer to where I live recently.
I went to Mindil beach to fish last Saturday again.
The sea water was cold and very clear.
I used a very light fishing tackle.
First, I caught and released a barracuda on Rapala Original F-13 Gold.
Second, I caught a barramundi on Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm Aussie Herring.
Their working circumstances are described in detail in the video "Land based barramundi fishing near town in Darwin Vol. 16" on YouTube.




Barramundi / July 15, 2017 / Mindil beach




Squidgies Fish

Size: 80mm

Colour: Black Gold

Where: Shallow water 50cm - 70cm

Water: Very clear and cold Outgoing

Line: Sufix 832 10LB

Leader line: Black magic Leader 40LB

Knot: The Slim Beauty

Jighead: OWNER 1/6oz #1/0

Reel: Shimano Sustain 1000FG

Rod: ST.CROIX  AVID/AVS66LF2 4-8LB 1/16-1/4oz. Fast action

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Action: Steady retrieving


Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ





Thank you very much.