2 May 2018

Barramundi #1130-1134
Squidgies Fish 70mm
Zerek Flat Shad
40lb or 60lb leader?

I went fishing at Channel Island on Saturday, April 28.
The point was so shallow-20-30cm deep-that I couldn't use any hard body lures. 
I used a 60lb mono leader line at first. 
Barramundi wouldn't take any soft plastics. 
And I tried a 40lb fluorocarbon leader line. 
As a result, I caught and released 3 barramundi at the same point.


Barramundi #1130


Barramundi #1131


Barramundi #1132


Squidgies Fish 70mm Lime Lightning / Jighead: Owner 1/6oz #1/0

I went fishing the next day too.
I went to East Point.
I used a 40lb fluorocarbon leader line again.
As a result, I caught and released a small barramundi.


Barramundi #1133


Zerek Flat Shad 90mm

According to Mr. Todd Hanrahan, a lot of people who are targeting big barramundi in tight country run 40lb braid to 80lb leader and some run 50lb braid to 100lb leader.
I agree with Todd.
Local fishermen are normally targeting big barramundi (90cm+) in Territory. 
I'm targeting 55-85cm sized barramundi in my usual fishing locations near town in Darwin. I'm in a minority in Darwin. 
Because I only have scooter.

Mr. Steve Starling is a fishing legend.
he gave us advice in regards to this matter as follows.
Barra are super tough on leaders. 
40 is regarded as light, although I've gone down to 30 or even 20 on ultra clear flats at times to get the bite... but you have to expect to get chewed off a fair bit! 
Most Territorians run 50 to 70 pound leaders and with good reason. 
But it's the same old story... finesse definitely buys you more bites. 
The trade-off is that you'll lose more. 
It's a fine line, pardon the pun.

Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ




Thank you very much.

No comments: